Blog #3 (Slice of Life)

 A little slice of my life I'd like to share would actually be an experience I had today! I had a volunteer interview today at Prestige Learning Institute (PLI) and it was a great experience. PLI is an organization that works with immigrant and refugee families by providing ESL courses for parents and providing childcare and an after school program for children. I really wasn't sure what to expect when I pulled into the parking lot of PLI. I walked in the door and the first thing that caught my eye was a beautiful metal map on the wall and then "Welcome" written around the room in more than twenty languages! Then, I was greeted by Kelsie who showed me around their facility. I saw their classrooms, meeting areas, and offices. It was great to see behind the scenes of how their ESL programming is ran. However, the highlight of the tour was the childcare area! They said they only recently added the new childcare area, but it was painted in bright colors and was the perfect space for little ones to be able to wander around and play. There was a little boy who was about 3 named Hamad who pushed his car toward me and I softly pushed it back. His face lit up with the most precious smile. It was just a little slice of my life, only an hour of my day, but I'm so excited to be able to start volunteering at PLI starting on Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

Among the Hidden

When Everybody Wore a Hat