In The Deep Dark Deep

I read In The Deep Dark Deep by Ben Joel Price. I didn't find any major awards for his works, but he was asked to produce a birthday card for Queen Elizabeth which seems like a pretty big deal to me. The storyline of The Deep Dark Deep is super cute, and it's even more fun because it rhymes. The story focuses on the adventure of Diver, Robot, and Monkey as they explore the deep dark ocean in their submarine. Except, they need to discover the mystery of the missing starfish who bring the light to the ocean floor. So, they follow a trail of green slime meeting tons of unique sea creatures along the way. In the end, after escaping an octopus attack, they find the starfish and make the plan to rescue them from the belly of an eel by making the eel burp. I thought this book was super precious, and I think kids would love it too. The illustrations in the book are phenomenal, and would be very intriguing to kids. I think the appropriate grade level for this book is pre-k to second grade. I would definitely use this book in my future classroom. One way I would incorporate this book in my classroom would be to introduce the theme of my classroom, ocean creatures, to my students at the beginning of the year. Another activity would be to focus on the creatures in the story, and have them sort ocean animals from land animals with the book as a guide for sea creatures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Among the Hidden

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

The War That Saved My Life