Blog #1 (My One Word)

 My One Word: Renew

    This word popped into my head almost instantly when I was thinking about what my One Word would be. I think this word fits well because in the midst of the chaos and changes over the past year, I have felt beaten down and broken. However, at the start of this new year I have been striving to take actions the help renew my heart, spirit, and emotions. My daily, ultimate reminder is that I am made new through Jesus. My brokenness is restored, my burdens are lightened, and my joy is found in him. I know this all to be true, but life still throws curveballs and I constantly need the reminder that I am and can be renewed. 

    All of us, including our students, can get overwhelmed and feel beaten down. They can feel these things because of situations at home or even from the stress of school. As teachers, it's important for us to build relationships with our students so that we're able to tell when they are feeling these things. Obviously, as teachers, we can't always fix students' situations, but we can help them take actions to renew those emotions. A big step, in relation to literacy, would be helping them find a book where they're able to make personal connections with the character or simply and uplifting book to help renew their spirit. 

    I will keep my One Word in my mind this semester by continuing to take actions, such as spending time with God each morning and surrounding myself with people who are uplifting and have my best interests at heart. I also have written my word on my mirror and on a piece of tape that I stuck to my computer to continuously remind myself that I am renewed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Among the Hidden

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

The War That Saved My Life