Young Helen Keller: Woman of Courage

I read Young Helen Keller: Woman of Courage. This book received no major awards. I think this is a great book to start to introduce the concept of biographies to students. This book walked through the life of Helen Keller from birth to adulthood while highlighting key moments along the way. This book was even informational for me because I didn't know the basics of Helen Keller's story. I think the appropriate age level for this book would be second grade to sixth grade. I would use this book in my classroom. I think an awesome project with this book would be for each student to pick their own person from A Troll First-Start Biography series, and do a project that would be presented to the rest of the class. I think it would be awesome for each student to dive into the life of someone important in history, and be creative in the way they present their information. These type of projects are the ones I really remember from elementary school because I got to teach about my person to the rest of the class, and the best way to learn something is to teach it to someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Among the Hidden

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

The War That Saved My Life