Tricks Animals Play

I read Tricks Animals Play by Jan Angel Clarkson. This book did not receive any major awards. This book is really interesting. This thing that stands out the most are the photographs that really make the book come to life. The photos are so clear and vivid. This book shows different animals and the ways they "trick" their enemies. Some ways shown in the book are playing dead, camouflage, showing bright colors, scales/shells, and bad smells. I would definitely use this book in my future classroom. I think the appropriate age group for this book would be kindergarten to sixth grade. Even if the younger grades can't read all the words yet, seeing the photographs of real animals is beneficial too. A great way to incorporate this in the classroom would be with science, but also mixing it with language arts. I think it would be fun for each group to do research on the different types of "tricks" animals use, and then create their own animal that uses that same trick. Allowing kids to be creative is so important, and usually they will surprise you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Among the Hidden

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

The War That Saved My Life