This Is the Way We Go to School

I read This Is the Way We Go to School by Edith Baer. This book hasn't received any major awards, but is a great book to show diversity. This book is about children all over the world, and the different ways they get to school. I love that at the end it gives a list of where each of the children are from.
I love the overall book, but it makes it even better because it rhymes. I think the appropriate grade level would be kindergarten to fourth grade. I would read this book in my future classroom. The way I would incorporate this book in the classroom would be to open up a graphing activity to see the different ways students in our class get to school. I would want to focus on diversity, and that there are differences even in the same classroom and celebrate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Among the Hidden

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

The War That Saved My Life