Pilot & Huxley: The First Adventure

I read Pilot & Huxley: The First Adventure by Dan McGuiness. This book hasn't received any major awards. I had never read a graphic novel before, but this one was interesting to say the least. This book is about two boys, Pilot and Huxley, who have a game that is a week overdue from the rental place called awesome video. There are undercover aliens that run awesome video, and their code for their weapon to destroy earth got downloaded on Pilot and Huxley's game that is overdue. So, the aliens send grim reaper to get the game, but he send Pilot and Huxley to another dimension. There goal is to try to get back to Earth, and they find someone who can help them, but right before they're about to go back to Earth the aliens come to attack them. Pilot, Huxley, and the friends they've made work together to defeat the aliens. In the end, Pilot and Huxley get zapped back into the wrong dimension. I think the appropriate grade level for this book would be sixth grade to twelfth grade. I would not use this book in my classroom. I think there are some kids who would love books like this, but I absolutely hated this book. However, I know some 7th and 8th grade boys who would think this is the funniest book on the face of the earth. So, even though I wouldn't read this book in my classroom, I'm glad I read it to be able to recommend it to a student.

Comments

  1. Yes, we need to have books available that we may not like -- someone else will!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

Among the Hidden

When Everybody Wore a Hat