Buzz off I'm Busy!

I read Buzz off I'm Busy! by Christine Tagg and Illustrated by Bill Bolton. This book hasn't received any major awards. This is a Pop-Up book, and I thought the paper engineering was super great, and I love all the bright colors that are used. The story is about a bee named Zed that goes around to his friends to find someone who isn't too busy to play with him. However, each one of his friends seem to be busy with their own thing for the day. In the end, by the time his friends are ready to play, Zed is fast asleep. I thought this book was cute, and kids would love it. I would read this book in my classroom. The appropriate grade level would be pre-k to first grade. Something I would definitely pull out of this book is the importance of making time for other people. I think it would be great for the students to problem solve with each bug's business from the story, and come up with a solution of how they could do their tasks but still have time to play. Another focus that can be made from this book is the rhyming that is used throughout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

Among the Hidden

When Everybody Wore a Hat