Knuffle Bunny

I read Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems. This book is labeled as a Caldecott honor book. This book is about a little girl named Trixie who can't quite talk yet. Trixie went on an errand to the Laundromat with her dad, and got to help her dad do the laundry. However, after they had left Trixie realized she didn't have her favorite stuffed animal, Knuffle Bunny. Trixie tries to tell her dad that she doesn't have Knuffle Bunny, but he doesn't understand what Trixie is trying to tell him. When Dad and Trixie arrive back home, mom asks where Knuffle Bunny is, and they all quickly rush to the Laundromat. In the end, Dad saves the day and finds Knuffle Bunny, and Trixie says her first words "Knuffle Bunny." This is a cute story, and realistic because I've seen this happen multiple times where a parent just doesn't understand what their child is really trying to say. I would use this book in my classroom because I think kids would really enjoy it. This would be a good end of the day kind of story because it's short, and I think the kids would love the onomatopoeia. I think the appropriate grade level for this book would be pre-k to second grade. The way I would incorporate this book in my classroom would be to focus on onomatopoeia, and give the students a chance to write their own mini version of Knuffle Bunny where they build the background and characters, but the storyline is still the same so that the onomatopoeia can still be used.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Among the Hidden

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

The War That Saved My Life