Cinderella

I read the book Cinderella by Nosy Crow and illustrated by Ed Bryan. I absolutely love the illustrations in this book because they're bright, vibrant, and easily relatable for a child. I love the story of Cinderella because it puts a focus on kindness being important since Cinderella got to marry the prince instead of the stepsisters. I also love how Cinderella gets a fairy godmother who helps Cinderella without expecting anything in return. In the end, the prince chose Cinderella because her foot fit perfectly into the glass slipper.

The appropriate grade level range for this book would be Pre-K to 2nd grade. Boys might not particularly like this story, but they might if there were intentions to focus on the prince's role in the story. I can see the potential to use this book in my future classroom. One activity I would do would be inferring with shoes. To have multiple different types of shoes, and have the children infer what someone wearing those shoes would do. Another activity I would do with Cinderella would be learning sequence of a story by having them act it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Among the Hidden

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

The War That Saved My Life