Blog #4 (Some Questions to Explore Reading Lives)

  •  How does your current book travel around with you? What exact part of your backpack, pocket, purse, or whatever is involved?
I'm currently listening to an audiobook, so my book travels around with me in my pocket since it's on my phone. When I'm walking around my phone is in my back pocket, but when I sit down I put my phone somewhere near where I'm sitting. 
  • What are the regular sections of your day? What little reading appointments might be possible in there?
Most of my days consist of my job at HFBC from 7am to 3:30pm. However, a couple "reading appointments" I have put in my day are my 20min drive to and from work. I look forward to those drives, even in traffic, because I'm able to get further along in my audiobook which gets better every minute. Another reading appointment that I sometimes include in my day is that little bit of time in my evening before I go to sleep.
  • What are some possible places for reading? How might different places go with different types of reading? Like what could you read on the bus, in bed, at the kitchen table, in school? What are the challenges about each of those places, and how do your deal with those challenges? 
There are so many possible places for reading, but a few that come to mind are at the beach, in the waiting room at an appointment, in your bed or favorite chair, and in a classroom with your students. On the bus you could read a magazine. A challenge you would face is everyone knowing what you're reading. In bed you could read a heart-touching historical fiction. A challenge you would face would be the book preventing you from getting a full nights sleep that your body needs. In school you could read the BFG as a class with your 4th graders! We all know there can be all sorts of challenges in the classroom ;) 
  • Who knows what you're reading right now? Who do you sometimes think about telling about your book? Who gives you recommendations? Whose reading do you wonder about? 
My mom knows what I'm reading and she's also the one who gives me recommendations on new books to read! Some people I keep updated about my book are my friends Hailey and Macy as well as my mom. There aren't really other people that I think about telling about my book. I wonder about my boss, Emily's, reading. She's so wise and well spoken, I definitely think it could be connected to what she reads. 
  • Lastly, what could you read if you wanted a real challenge, something you could understand, but that would make you work?
A book I would read if I wanted a real challenge would be Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I would be able to understand it, but some of the theologian ideas would really stretch my brain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1 (Childhood Reading)

Among the Hidden

When Everybody Wore a Hat